Free Motion Quilting Using Stencils
1 day very popular class
This class is designed to give you the confidence and skills to free motion quilt on the line and take a pattern and free form it to make a unique design. Start designing your own individual quilting patterns exclusively to your own special quilts.
- Demonstrating free motion control to stay on the line.
- Neat stopping and starting
- Working with stencils and quilt pounces
- Learning to take a simple pattern and extending the design to make many possibilities. An example: taking a simple loop design and turning it into leaves and flowers .
- Twin needle free motion quilting
- Taking patterns and changing then to fit into blocks, corners and borders to make a harmonious look to your quilt.
- Making border designs out of a simple element like a rose and how to get an all over pattern with even distribution of quilting.
- Taking patterns, then mirror reversing , half dropping, looking at many design changes options
- How to fill as pace efficiently
- Designs for sashes, blocks, and borders
- Achieving beautiful accurate designs while opening up a whole range of quilting on the line.
- A great learning achievable day for all free motion quilters new or experienced