Monday 12 July 2010

Creative By the Sea Retreat

Just back from teaching at Cretaive by the Sea at Coffs Harbour.
I didnt quite know what to expect as I have never taught there before and I was wonderfully surprised with the teaching space and the well organised event.
I was meet by Wendy Martin after a very rough flight on Wednesday late afternoon and quickly got to work arranging my class room.
Went to dinner and was meet by lovely new faces and some very firendly familair faces. Great to catch up with Linda and Sue from Fingal bay, and had lots of laughs as usual with Donna ( mother of the bride ) and Mary( has a new big boss)  both of Canberra.
Ladies came from all over the country for the event.
Thursday morning and I meet my 16 students all eager and full of butterflies in their tummies, we soon got working and I am so thrilled with their results. Fantatic 3 days work girls, you quilted up a storm...... I am so proud of all of you.
It was fun Thank you........

I had the pleasure to meet and spend some time with the very talented Jane Sassaman from the USA, I adore her work, her students produced some stunning designs.She is such a  talended quilt maker and designer.

Saturday 4 pm good bye time came so quickly and luckily a smooth flight home.

No comments: