Sunday 27 November 2011

FAREWELL THE PATCHWORK HEART

I taught my last class at The Patchwork Heart( Penrith NSW)  today.  Very sad indeed.

Michelle Marvick and her sister Kim Harris are calling it a day after nearly 10 years of having one of Sydney's best patchwork shops.

I walked into Michelle shop 9 years ago and told her my name and that I teach Domestic Machine quilting and Michelle did not hesitate to invite me into her shop and an instant friendship, mutual respect and love of quilting grew very quickly.

Michelle had a wonderful shop that was 95 % machine piecing, she taught a lot of classes with numerous new skills and ideas. Every time I walked into the shop for a class  there was another stunning quilt on the wall. She constantly fed her students with new techniques and challenges. So they all had to learn to quilt their own tops and then I was called in .

Every class was a pleasure , Michelle encouraged me to develop my own skills, both in teaching and techniques and was always happy to introduce another level of my classes to her very busy timetable.

The industry has lost a wonderful shop where great skills could be learnt.

Thank you Michelle and Kim for your kindness, friendship and professionalism .
Thanks for the endless cups of tea and a great listening ear.

I will miss you both.

No comments: