Thursday 14 June 2012

Sydney Quilt Show 2012

Spent yesterday at the show in Darling Harbour , wow what a huge day it was.
Got a call from the president of the guild on Monday morning to say I have received a ribbon Yippee!!!!
My" Night time in a spring floral garden" was in the Professional applique category, tough category indeed stunning quilts and I received a 4th ,. So very happy indeed. Best of show got 1st in the category. A full photo of my quilt posting soon.
Check out the earrings  ..... I bought them 30 years ago in London ( talk about vintage )
I had the best day thank you to all of my present and ex students who stopped and said Hi, I was really stunned by the amount of people there that I have taught at some stage and who are loving their machine quilting. Most of you said that I gave you the encouragement,courage and skills to go and quilt your own quilts. This makes this tutor very happy indeed. It makes all the travelling and exhaustion at times so worth it...... THANK YOU.
Some very talented present and ex  students also were awarded well earned prizes as well .

 A big CONGRATULATIONS to Bob James,his quilt below looked AMAZING against the black wall.So sorry I didnt get a larger photo.

This shot is of Sue , Sandra, Laurel and myself the ladies are making their own version of my quilt in class at Pegs Pieces at Kirrawee and they all are stunning .I'm very proud of them . Photos of their
 quilts will be published soon.
I would like to thank all the committee of the NSW Quilters Guild for an excellent show and all of their hard work, and the opportunity to hang my quilt  in such a public forum.
Congratulations to all the winners.




No comments: