Wednesday 17 December 2014

Years End

Well 2014 is close to being over. Time to reflect......

It has been professionally and personally  a wonderful year for me .

I would like to thank all shop owners , groups, treat organisers and students for a wonderful year. It means a great deal to have your trust in my guidance and knowledge with your beautiful quilts and  your precious time. This does NOT go unnoticed by me.

Seeing students grow into great machine quilters makes me very proud of the work I am doing. I've heard several times in the past few months ... I GET IT NOW... I've got my MQ Groove.... Yippee
Well done everyone, new quilters who are getting hooked for the first time and more experienced quilters designing their own quilts and still want me around to bring out the best in them for their quilting...

Wishing you all a beautiful Christmas, filled with Love, Laughter, Family , good Friends and Happiness. But most of all stay safe.

 
                                               Merry Christmas from The Louie Family


Some wonderful work from students lately to show off
 

 Kays lovely hearts and lollipops quilt. A winner that's for sure. Congratulations
 


 Beautiful quilting here

 
 June and here Daisy's quilt .. Love the larger centre


Ali and her Hearts and Lollipops quilt and detail of the border quilting .. Fantastic hey.... Woo Hoo

 Denise and her terrific feather and pebbles chevron quilt. You got it Denise ... well done ..
Another chevron success

 Bev stitching by machine ..., terrific stuff hexagons, I'm so happy it works, that was another of my 4 am thoughts.....
 
This is a bendable light that you attach to your machine and presto instant day- light light. Great for dully lit machines.
 


 I recently had a meeting at Bernina Head office, chatting about 2015 I will be on the Bernina stand for AQC, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney shows demonstrating on the brand new Q20 sit down long arm quilting machine. So watch out for me and pop by to say Hello.

 


Recently Pegs Pieces and I hosted a gathering Xmas party for my students in my backyard. It was a glorious evening the weather was warm, skies clear, plenty of champagne, great company, lovely food. Quilts were hung on the line and the line NEVER looked better.

 
 The talented Bob James chatting about his latest work on the grass.
Quilts
More lovely quilts
 
 
 Good company

Ian and Michelle Marvig
 
. Thank you all that came along, we had a terrific night  and thanks Kay , Michelle and Kylie for the 2.30am  finish ....



My last trip for the year ended in Deloraine Tasmania for SEWKNIT in Launceston. We had a terrific time , next year I will be teaching free form piecing and quilting. Contact Sew knit Launceston for details.


Its always wonderful to see ladies finishing their quilts and progress with their skills

 Here a 3 way applique quilt all done and looking great .
 
  Robyn has made some pencil cases out of my demonstrating samples ..  cute hey....

 
 Some successful tumbler block quilts  quilted so well... thank you for sharing. Well done....



I have been quilting this Medallion  #8 Quilt for the Tutors exhibition for January in Palmerston North New Zealand this week .  The symposium which is a fabulous event starts 15th January 2015.

I have to admit I have struggled this week with the tragic events in Sydney,  listening on radio, watching on TV, and reading on social media has been so very sad....... But the rhythm of the sewing machine has helped. stitch by stitch , all long stitches with heavy 12 weight thread, stitch by stitch, stitch by stitch.
It is now on the design wall wet and being blocked then in the next few days binding and labels.



I wish for you that the rhythm of your sewing machine brings you peace and happiness this Christmas time. All the very best to you and your family.

Thanks for listening
X Deb 

2 comments:

Lee B said...

Hi Deb
Thanks for your great post. I moved house 3 weeks ago and haven't sat behind my Bernina in my new home yet. After the new year will come time for me & I'll play with some more modern designs thanks to your great inspiration. Have a great Christmas
Lee xx

Unknown said...

Hello!
I have enjoyed your blog and newsletter but never commented !
Is it possible to find out when u are doing a machine quilting workshop in either Melbourne or country Victoria? I'm happy to travel!
I have a new machine and a couple of friends who have done you class and loved it !
Thanks ,
Glenda