Wednesday 15 March 2017

Never know where inspiartion arrises from

I am happily  busy this week writing the book for Daisy Paths Cushion and Runner. Thank you for your patience , it is happening very soon now.

I am thrilled with the response so far to the books its been so positive Thank you.
They will be available on the web site

www.deborahlouie.com.au 

in May  when the new web site is up and running but if you would like a copy of Hearts and Lollipops, or Glam clams before then please email me
deborahlouie@optusnet.com.au
and I can send these out to you. See last post if you would like to see the projects.


My books are all self published and sold through me.
I am committed to making not only beautiful projects for you to make, but also providing full SKILL BUILDING information in every book.

They are big thick glossy books full of information.


I will have a big social media promotion when  this all goes live.


On Saturday we are filming the second on-line class here at my home Lets Quilt Free motion the Magical #6. This is the second class that I will have available also on the web site.

It will not be available anywhere else except my web site . Again self publishing or producing my on line presence. Getting out there great practical, good quilting techniques which are easy to follow .

Here are some of the designs I will be showing in the course.


Echo based filling designs

Flowers and below more flowers

Spirals  and wave spirals


Roman squares and friends


Tear drops and co.


Magical #6 as a all over pattern



I was asked by Bernina to quilt up a sample for AQC in Melbourne this year. They will have the beautiful Q20 machines for you to stitch on . The sample I was asked to quilt what I liked so I had some fun on my Bernina 770.  There will be a collection of these small quilts from other quilters to see at the Bernina stand.

Before Quilting

After quilting result where I added lots more flowers in her hair and tendrils everywhere. Thanks Bernina Australia for including me.


On the weekend I went to Singleton country NSW  to teach the group machine quilting.
what fun, they are a lively enthusiastic bunch. I had a ball.
Not only did they love the class but they inspired me in some funny unexpected ways.
Thank you Gail for organising the weekend .

Look at these stockings  wow !!! solves a problem I was having ... more later
No names to protect the wearer!!!!!



Ummmmm......  inspiration here for more applique ......I wonder......



beautiful black detail stitching .....


And in the powder room a  stunning vintage chair   look at those #6 there
LOVE THIS

Just a couple of show and tells from last weeks class

Kylie brought in her Dr Who quilt , she made this for her lucky Hubby , who was hesitant to hand over for show and tell. Beautiful quilting .... woo hoo.....


some stunning Glam Clams on the go ready for outside stitching now.


Free motion quilting Hearts and Lollipops quilt Yah......

Off to set up my room for filming
Till next time

Happy Quilting

X Deb













No comments: