Monday 26 June 2017

The daisy Path book



I'm very happy to share with you that the daisy path book is now available on my web site to purchase. I was thrilled to have been awarded a 2nd prize ribbon on this quilt this year. The category was Predominantly applique Professional, what a lovely surprise. Very unexpected I always am , the standard of quilts is so high.
I made my Daisy paths quilt completely on my Bernina 770 machine. All piecing, applique and quilting.  My new book has all the step by step  instructions , a 25 page full scale pattern book and the Perspex templates in one package for you to make your own version .
Quilt NSW held the most superb show over 400 quilts at the new International Convention Centre Darling Harbour. It was a huge success over 4 days.

A big thank you to my sponsors

Material Girls Under

Lyn's Fine Needlework

for your generous gifts. 



A huge amount of work and organising . I would like to personally thank all of the committee and helpers who were responsible for putting on this event so that we as members can show our art to the general public. 
I love to help with the set up day. There was 85 volunteers , hangers , put togethers, organisers and below is a picture of a small section where the frames are layed  out and then we build the show.
The next photo is all the quilts in bags ready for hanging. really its quite a wonderful day to have an empty big space come to life with wonderful textile art.




Some buttons made  by Robyn  just a bit of fun......

Not only did I have success but so did some of my students.


Jan Browne my friend and student at My sewing Supplies at Kirrawee once a month Friday class with her quilt "Goi's Vase" won 2 prizes.
Firstly 2 ND prize Mixed techniques and 
Excellence in domestic machine quilting amateur

A HUGE congratulations Jan, I am so very proud of you and your commitment to your art. An original design of Jan's.


I would like to say that this is the second year in a row a student has won the

Excellence in domestic machine quilting award.... one very proud tutor..


Also from Kirrawee was Pradnya and her version of my The Happy quilt 
So happy for you , Working so hard into the early hours of the morning to get the quilting completed.
To quilt your own quilts with such love and commitment never goes in noticed. Wonderful Pradnya.




Di Tramontana my student from Hobby Sew Kings Park was also a winner with her stunning  "Robyn's Quilt " 2 ND  prize Combined Pieced and applique category , congratulations Di your machine quilting is divine. so thrilled for you.





Best of show 2017 was Pamela Brockwell with here stunning quilt 
Star Link 

all stitched on a Bernina 770 and quilted on her Q20, amazing work. Congratulations 



 Just a few  of my favourite quilts to share with you.

This colourful work is by Rachaeldaisy a 3 part stunning colour fantasy called "Zap Zing Zowie"
winning the Creative use of Colour award. 


Jessica Weelahan" work I adore , so free and clever


  Caroline Sullivan had a solo exhibition of her stunning embroidery work and here are 2 pieces.



Shows are always a great opportunity to chat with quilting friends , take selfies etc.  generally have a great day. I'm here acting the silly one with Caroline Sharky and Sue De Vannie 


Again thank you QUILT NSW

Some wonderful work has been stitched in the last few weeks in class


Kylie has finished her Baltimore,  it is so beautiful. A lot of work but so worth the time. This one is not going anywhere except Kylies bed, just as it should be. 
Congratulations Kylie great work. 


Detail of the fine free motion quilting Kylie has stitched 


More clams are coming along beautifully  love these colours 


Love the black and white clams so much... oh makes me want to make another clam cushion.


Now some daisy paths runners and cushions are being appliqued and quilted 


Path cushion will have black and white daisy's


Oh nice colours on the black and white 



A centre medallion looking beautiful with borders on the way at the moment. 


Hearts and Lollipops under the sewing machine being quilted.


I had a 2 day class at Berry Quilt and co, recently with " A little garden cushion" and we had a lot of fun playing with decorative stitching applique, lovely work everyone learnt so much about their machines which really makes me happy. 


I had a trip to Maclean recently to teach machine applique . We  had a lovely time , the ladies despite that I had lost my voice and was ill. The ladies understood and were very kind. The group went through Quilt NSW county tutor program to help with my costs. A great initiative to have tutors travel to all parts of NSW which other wise would not be able to have visit. 




For Glamorous clams

Hearts and Lollipops

Daisy Paths cushion and runner

and 

The Daisy path quilt 

Books, patterns and templates 

On line classes walking foot and theory and The magical 6 Free motion quilting

please visit 

www.deborahlouie.com.au

 Till next time 
Happy Quilting 
XDeb 












No comments: