Friday 3 November 2017

Latest Retreat at Batemans Bay for Rosemount Patchwork

Retreats are always a lot of work for the organisers and this last one was no exception. Teresa and Barry of Rosemount Patchwork , now from Mogo on the south coast of NSW booked me over 12 months ago for a 3 day retreat. The weekend of 22-23, and 24 th of October , John and I ( a rare treat for me to have my husband along with me ) drove down to Batemans Bay where the retreat was being held. We had a lovely 3 days working on The Daisy paths runner and cushion workshop. Have a look at some of the results. The ladies worked very hard and even into the evening on Saturday night.  Great company, fun class , great food, lovely location all adds up  to a happy and creative time. Thank you ladies see you next year.



Looking fabulous 



Working on Daisys 


Such a bright and happy runner


A terrific cushion 


                          A very pretty cushion being quilted 


Pink and green runner 


Contrasting colours look amazing and strong 


A touch of yellow in the daisy petals adds so much viberance to the piece 



Christmas here we come


One of my favourite runners  black , whites  and blues.. stunning 



Sunset on the beaututiful Batemans Bay 
One last away retreat for me for 2017 and that Singelton quilters 11-12 November .

Now for some wonderful once a month students work.  

A medallion wall hanging version of Daisy Paths now in quilting stage . First ditching all appliqué and piecing.



A new lover of free form improv piecing and matchstick quilting


Loving the watermelon colour here with its various values and surrounding colour friends like pinks, corals, deep blue reds , Yum 



A new Baltimore coming along beautifully, all in gold blanket stitching... yum.


  A secret garden runner in blues and greens has worked very well  with lots of decorative stitches been used here. Great work . 



Stunning daisy paths again in  another version. 

It never ceases to amaze me how my design of 4 simple petal shapes can have such amazing  looks with different choices of fabrics. I love working with colour and I am so grateful and thrilled that my students allow me to help them through this colour decision process. 


Yah all completed Pom poms and all. Beautiful. Love it ... Going to a good home 😉


A runner with arms ,,,,, just one happy lady all appliquéd and quilted runner.

These projects are not an over night piece, they take time and patience and lots of skill , Congratulations.... 



Lovely clam shells all appliqué and quilted... A great way to learn about your machine.

On a sad note Dianne Squire a student from Hobby Sew Kings Park sadly passes away the other week. I will remember Dianne as a fun, chatty lady who loved her Sewing , loved the company of other quilters , loved a chat and a laugh. Rest peacefully Di xx 




The Clam shell book with templates and Daisy paths book with templates are available from my web site www.deborahlouie.com.au or click on my name below to go to the site.


The on line classes are doing so well, I am thrilled lovely feedback. Students now from many parts of the world. Check them out ....









Happy Quilting 

XDEB 

No comments: