Thursday 3 January 2019

2019 schedule up and running

Mother in Laws Rose... Machine decorative stitched and grid free motion quilted.


Happy New Year to you, I sincerely wish every happiness to you and your loved ones.

May 2019 bring wonderful new adventures and ample stitching time.

That' s what I am after happy creative stitching time, time to see what comes. What new inspiration, new quilts, new techniques can I create in 2019.

My 2019 teaching schedule so far is up on my web site www.deborahlouie.com.au

I have lots of face to face classes available. I am teaching at AQC again in April and in October Auckland Symposium, also Quilt Encounter South Australia in July. All should be great fun. I hope to see you in a class soon.

I have been working for many months in the second half of 2018 on a secret project that I am very excited about. I can share the exciting news with you in March. This has meant I have not been making new work, new classes as much as I usually do. I believe this will be worth it. You have to take a chance sometimes... Jump in and try and that's what Im doing.

Below is a free motion sketch applique cushion Mums Hibiscus and above is Mother in Laws rose which are both new.

Mums Hibiscus Free motion Applique and grid quilting


I have had some time away in early December,  John and I did a 4 day hire in Tasmania "The three Capes Trek" In The Tasman National park. Now that was a challenge, it had what seemed like a million stairs to climb and a few mountains . But I did it.... Very rewarding and exhilarating to challenge my self like that. When I don't think I can do something I'll endeavour to remember that if I keep one leg in front of the other and keep moving forward yes Deborah you can achieve.....

 My students made some amazing work last year and I would love to show them off to you. This is only a small snap shot of terrific work achieved. Looking forward to more beautiful work in 2019.









My Sewing Supplies are having a Dream Big Flower Panel quilt challenge. Open to all. It's a bit of fun, quilt up the panel purchase from www.mysewingsupplies.com.au quilt in any way you like and half way through 2019, all the challenge quilts will be exhibited in their store and judged. Please don't think that perhaps your quilting is not good enough, just have fun, even now here is a thought, make the panel into a bag, clothing, see how creative you can get.
 Chat to Bernadette for more details phone : 0295423513

(photo from Pintrest )


So all the very best to you for 2019, Ill try to blog more often, yes Im saying that every time. I know !!!!! 

BUT
I do post very often on my Deborah Louie Tutor page www.facebook.com/deborahlouietutor

Happy Quilting 
X Deb 




No comments: