Wednesday 3 October 2012

Australian Machine Quilting Festival

AMQF

Just back from the machine quilting festival in Adelaide.
Big event machine quilters from all over Australia and new Zealand attended. Classes for long arm quilters , mid arm quilters and domestic quilters like me ....
I had 4 classesto teach  in  2 days , exhausting but so enjoyable.

 There was an exhibition of quilts and I won 2 nd prize custom small quilt category
 I attended a full day seminar on the Friday before classes started with Ricky Tims and 200 other quilters. He was so entertaining and generous with his knowledge and time it was fantastic...
Centre of his famous Bohemian rhapsody quilt. he uses all hand dyed fabrics from his own collection has 2 full time staff just dyeing fabrics for him. He uses Bernina  stitch # 46 triple blanket stitch and most of the time a contrast colour thread of 50 or 40  weight. His work is stunning.  

Ricky took time out for photos and autographs with all who attended.
Julie from Hobby Sew kings park in the background.Julie and I spent Saturday evening which was the gala dinner and Sunday night dinner and a few drinks after teaching at the pub, thanks Julie for your company.
I was disappointed that I didn't get any opportunity to chat with any of the other tutors especially from the states as we were all had very full timetables.
But a great time I had with the students they were so great and so keen they kept me on my toes indeed.
I had Pfaff machines to work on and Cheryl Bryant   from Pfaff was my helper in the room and Cheryl  was AMAZING Thank you so much for all of your help.
Home for a few days now........

No comments: