Friday 10 January 2014

Elisa's Quilt

Cafe Bouquet 

Just had email from Elisa, who attends classes with me at Pegs Pieces Kirrawee once a month.
In 2013 Elisa started this quilt a gift as a wedding present.
 It is her version of my Baltimore . Wow is all I can say . It is stunning . Base fabric is a textured grey with only beiges of tints and shades from light to very dark. Plains, spots stripes and prints. The stitching was blanket stitch #161 on her Bernina 440 with all stitching in brown Guitermann cotton thread. So smart not like me I had to change thread for each colour fabric ( althought I did work efficiently as I could ) but never the less only one colour on everything is SMART and time saver, but most importantly was just what this quilt needed.
I am sooooooooooooooooo proud of Elisa and it is a wedding gift.
Now Elisa is going to quilt it all HERSELF on her Bernina ,,,,,,,GO GIRL..............

Woo Hoo !!!!!!! 
I have the best Job , going to work and being with such wonderfully talented , kind , special ladies.

So Elisa you join the list of the completed Baltimores. CONGRATULATIONS .....

Happy Quilting 
DEB xx 

No comments: