Monday 12 January 2015

2015

Happy New Year.

I wish you a wonderful 2015 may it bring happiness, great health and  many wonderful quilting times.


John and I spent New Years Eve at home enjoying a quiet champagne , while we reflected on the year that was...  We had a wonderful family Christmas , enjoying our new home. I really relaxed during the xmas new year peroid,not sewing much at all. I gave myself some down time just swimming, trying out and loving some  kayaking,lots of walks and happy times.

I hope your christmas break time was restful and happy as well.

Look at the lantens on the table My bargain for the holidays $10.00 from KMart. They looked beautiful... I bought two and had them outside in the tree or tables , so cute...

My first work for the year is for New Zealand Quilters Symposium at Palmerston North. I will be amongst 35 or so tutors , teaching 5 one day classes. It will be a wonderful social time and a lovely way to start the new year. I will post hopefully lots of photos  of the activities exhibitions and classes. 

Kylie from Pegs Pieces  saturday class and my friend was over during the week and I helped her measure and piece her applique borders  for the baltimore, to the top..... Woo Hoo top 99% done. Just some flowers needed over the joining borders seams then quilting time..... It is stunning , so happy for Kylie a busy working mum who loves her quilting.  Kylie has worked hard over the last 3 years in between family and full time working commitments to achieve a beautiful quilt.


The message here is NEVER give up ... keep stitching it will happen.... I often say this to myself, just keep going.

I personally love the designing  of a new quilt the most thrilling.. I love drawing , sketching, refining the design on paper, the choosing the fabrics my pallet. Starting the sewing is great but the day after day sewing ,,,, yes I also get tired of it , but I  must follow through persevere ,  and I am always happy I keep going , on the top and then the fun begins the machine quilting.....

Here is a paper design of a cushion I am currently making for the Bernina stand for this years Quilt and Craft shows. I am  thrilled to be on the Bernina stand for the major shows,  AQC, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Although the other states I am not needed because of space limitations of the stand, my work will be there. So if you can check out the stand and say Hi 




Here is the cushion and table applique prepped up and ready for stitching when I return form NZ. The clams will be greya and black and white prints. All will be decorative stitched appliqued. ( decided against the bauble trim......) I will be on a hunt for a fringe or something cute for the edge.

Lets have a happy quilting year together. I will share my work and students work with their permission of course as much as possible.
Thanks for Listening 
Happy Quilting 

DEB x 


No comments: