Tuesday 20 December 2016

What a year its been 2016

Round up of 2016

Well that time again, where we all have a chance to reflect on the year that was. Its been a big year again. I am very grateful for many people and events this year in my life. 
Wonderful friends have come into my life and given me so much support , encouragement and their time and skills to help me so much this year. You know who you are a huge THANK YOU.

 I have had the absolute pleasure to travel to wonderful places, teach terrific quilters and meet new friends. My once a month ladies you have taken your skills further and this I am very proud of. Onward!!!!! 

I am venturing into a slightly new direction with teaching on line classes. I had this thought if I could reach quilters in remote areas , quilters who don't like to attend face to face workshops, maybe even a few international quilters, who knows. I have started to film the first class walking foot and theory. I have taught this for 17 years now, gee it has flown by.  I will still travel and teach that's not going to change just allowing me a little more time at home to develop new techniques new quilts , new classes. these classes will be a life time access, and stop and start at any time for one low once only fee. Available through my web site  www.deborahlouie.com.au   in mid 2017

This filming process is so different to filming a DVD with Quilters Companion magazine. Its just me and the camera. I had a lot of fun, but we were unlucky with the weather, the wind came up really strong we soldiered on but re filming certain sections in early 2017 will be a must. I think I will have a bloopers section at the end for a laugh.....the classes are shot in my sewing space, relaxed , informative and personable is my main aim.

Me filming in my home

Another new direction will be patterns,. My popular quilts I am in the process of re making and writing patterns for them and having them on line and printed. Something new for me , a huge amount of work but I'm plugging away.

Hearts and lollipops will be the first . Machine decorative stitched machine quilted all instructions to make the quilt and quilting are in the pattern.


Second pattern which I am making now is a re make of my Daisy Paths quilt
There will be 3 sizes a cushion, runner and large quilt  below is the runner in progress.
More to come in the future with perhaps Debs favourite tools and  notions on my web site as well. Who Knows !!!!!

 It all takes time and patience and believe me I want it all yesterday but I just have to breath and plod along. I'm hoping by mid 2017 at least 2 classes and 2 patterns will be available. So Ill keep in touch.

I would like to share with you some of the work that has been finished this year in class.
Be prepared to be blown away by the beautiful quilts of my very talented  students .



I wish you and your friends and family a very Merry Christmas.
All the very best for 2017
Happy quilting
X Deb














































My apologies to any work I have left out. 
I am so thrilled for you all
Great work everyone
Very proud of you
xx



No comments: