Monday 25 March 2019

BERNINA Glamorous Clams

Hi Everyone,

I do hope your well and happily stitching away.

Well,  I have self published my 11th book. I really can't believe that number at all. Just 2 years ago I wanted to write better notes for my classes but really had no idea how to set about this. Still pinch myself.... that I have actually achieved this. Of course with help from some fabulous people in my life this has been possible.

This number 11th special book is "Glamorous Clams BERNINA Special Edition".


This is my first wholesale book which is available through your BERNINA dealer now.
It is not available on my web site unlike all of my other skill building books.

The book comes with the 4 piece template set to make the projects.

But whats really different this book special is that I guide you through your BERNINA features. How to use the features, when to use the features, why to use the features. Step by step along the whole decorative stitch process. Detail information of the features in photo form, this is what the feature looks like on your machine and this is how, where and why to use it .
A sample of the information below :



 This is the elongation button 



This is how to elongate pattern stain stitch triangle #401 


I think this is a unique book and project in the market. This book will make you the master of your BERNINA machine in no time.

The reviews are fantastic from the shop owners and customers.

Why I did this, well I can't be everywhere. When I do have students who want to learn how to use their machines to the full capacity I start with a stitch diary then they move on to Glamorous Clams. Once their first cushion is completed they are so confident users of their machines now.
It really is a thrill for me and them. We buy these beautiful machines and yet at times do not get the most from them.  I really wanted a manual for your machine and to take me home to guide through the features of your BERNINA machine in the comfort of your own home.



Chilling out Clams on my chair 


There is screen shot information 



There are my stitched samples detailing what your stitching should look like.


 Late last year after presenting BERNINA Australia with a gift of a framed Glamorous Clams framed art piece for their 125 year Birthday celebrations.


 I asked BERNINA'S  Managing Director Greg Alexander if they would support this book being written in marketing and promotion. Yes very happy to.  Above photo is Greg behind my clam art piece hanging in his office wall.

Greg has written a lovely forward message in the book.


 Deborah's contribution to the industry continues to inspire many people to not only sew but to create and realise their own potential in ways that they never thought possible. 
A true indication of a professional teacher and educator is their ability to relay knowledge in a simple and easy to understand manner. This ability sets Deborah in high standard.
Being able to empower others is a true gift.
I know Glamorous Clams will become one of your all-time favourites. 


After 3 months writing, editing, it went to print. The  first few weeks of March the book was launched at BERNINA dealer meetings of the new series 4 and 5 machines.  This book is perfect to team up with the new 4, 5, 7 and 8 machines.
So were off and running .....

Exciting things I hope will come of the book , but most importantly it is resonating with  machine owners to help them fall more in love with their machines. Available from your BERNINA dealers now.



 Other news : 

Summer Days workshop 

A new class I am offering as a 2 day class is SUMMER DAYS. A  workshop in June 1-2nd  2019 at Carinya Studio which is at Pheasants Nest near Berrima off the M5 from Sydney. This is so much fun to learn free form or improv cutting , piecing, and straight line ruler quilting. A beautiful step by step book and 6 inch quilting ruler  will come with the class.
Delicious morning, afternoon teas and lunch are provided for the workshop in a beautiful rural studio setting ... Accomodation is near by for those wishing to make a weekend of it.

Please email me for more information and booking form  as the class is filling well.
deborah@deborahlouie.com.au





Dubbo workshop 

In June 15-16th I am running a 2 day workshop in DUBBO for  western NSW quilters.

This is a split class of 2 workshops. Dad's Dahlia and Quilting between the lines free motion quilting.



You can choose one class for a 2 days version or both classes for a 1 day version of both quilts.
Delicious morning and afternoon tea is provided with BYO lunch. The venue is the Girl Guide Hall in Dubbo and for those needing accomodation Dubbo is full of motels. An evening dinner will be organised for those who would like to join us.  Should be a hoot a lot of fun. Im looking forward  to meeting up with some of my Parkes quilting friends.

Batemans Bay Lecture


I had the pleasure to speak at the Batemans Bay Quilters annual luncheon last week. I took 40 or so quilts to share and chat about. It was a wonderful gathering of around 250 quilters. such wonderful show and tell. Quilting is very much active in the South Coast of NSW. Great work ladies. We then did Glamorous Clams 1 day workshop the next day. More ladies loving their features on their sewing machines.


AQC 

The Australian Quilt Convention is happening in a few weeks time. I am teaching 2 x 2 day workshops, Dads Dahlia and Mums Hibiscus.
Always a wonderful event , so much to see and do. Please say Hi if you notice me amongst the thousands who visit the show and shops. What I love about the shops is that there are only quilt related stalls , only the best.  I always end up spending way too much, but always way too much fun..... Gala dinners, cocktail party, lectures , exhibitions of stunning quilts, classes, best of Australia announcement and so much more ..... hope you can get there .



Class News 

Once a month classes are up and drumming and some great work being done in and out of class. 


Wendys version of summer day ... wonderful in South African fabrics she had from a trip away  and black solid backgrounds at Hobby Sew Kings Park 


Another glorious glamorous Clam shells from another Wendy at Hobby sew Kings Park 


Sally's clam shells looking amazing at MSS


A My Sewing Supplies a sample I stitched up for Bernadette


Ros and her version of Last Nights leftovers at MSS 


Great Grid quilting by Robyn at Hobby Sew kings Park 


Diane and her first ever machine quilted quilt at MSS. Woo hoo.  


Daisy Paths looking amazing  At Hobby Sew Kings Park 
Pattern on my web site 


Back of quilting between the lines work at Hobby sew Kings Park great work 
Book and Grids on my web site 

Summer days another version at Hobby sew Kings Park 

Robyn at MSS  making dads Dahlia 


My teaching schedule please visit www.deborahlouie.com.au

Off to do more AQC preparation.

Happy Quilting 
X Deb 


























3 comments:

Deborah Louie said...

Id love to read your comments about my blog post. Any questions you might have ,

Pam N said...

I bought a copy of your book today. It looks terrific.

Deborah Louie said...

Thank you Pam. happy learning .