Thursday 12 December 2019

What a wonderful year

Yep what a wonderful year .


It is almost Christmas time.  Wow, they year has gone by so fast.
I can truly say that it has been wonderful year. Of course we all have our ups and downs , good times , sad times, happy days but all in all 2019 has been terrific. Thank you to all that have been in a class with me and to the organisers, shop owners thank you. 

I would  like to wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday Season . What ever your traditions are , I hope you stay safe, and are with the ones you love.


Here in my home in Oyster Bay Sydney we celebrate Christmas.We spoil each other with lovely gifts, great food and happy family times. It is always hot so a swim at the beach or our pool and easy cold platters of yummy food is the order for our Christmas Day.


I love the tradition of trimming the Christmas tree. My daughter Claire and I do this together, get some Michael Buble'  Christmas carols humming along, and set about the colour theme for the tree. This year we went ornaments mainly only and wrapping gifts in red and green. Then we trim the tree , laugh, sing and enjoy the ceremony. I am always grateful for another year and when it its time to pack it all away wonder what the new year has in stall for us .

In March my latest book Glamorous Clams BERNINA Special Edition was launched, by Kerrie Hay of BERNINA Australia at their training meeting conference for 2019.


To say the least I am thrilled with the response from the book by the dealers and BERNINA owners.
A huge hit in Australia , New Zealand ,Canada. I am  now getting it to stores in the United States and Great Britain.  What a thrill.... little old me .... 

Lucky Im stubborn I keep plodding along contacting stores, dealers, social media posts just to get it out there . It hasn't been easy sometimes as I have decided not to go through a distributor and have a boutique self published product. The book is only available through BERNINA Dealers. The personal touch thats what Im doing... Good old fashioned service.

If you have a BERNINA dealer who would like the book  please contact me on and I would be happy to get in touch with them. 

In October I had 2 wonderful weeks in Washington and New York with my Sister Doreen. It was fabulous. To stand where Dr King gave his momentous "I have a dream" speech, to visit a gospel church service, to visit the Amish community, to go to the top of The Empire Building, to visit the 911 memorial site, stand at Times Square and get on the big screen, Central Park, Lady Liberty and so much more was all perfect.. Guess who came along ..... Glam Clams !!!!










After 2 weeks vacation time it was back to work, and this was not the ordinary day in the classroom.

 It was The International Quilt Show at HOUSTON..... 

AHHHHHH I finally made it . Wanted to visit for soooo long. The wonderful Pauline Rogers of Pauline's Quilters World asked me along to show my work at Market ( wholesale). So I did. I am so very grateful to Pauline, she was wonderful showing me the ropes etc ...We had a wonderful time together.  
 
Glam Clams met some wonderful people and was very well loved. Below are just some of the lovely people I met and some new and current friends.

Met Alex Anderson from The Quilt Show, and I am filming an episode with her and Ricky Timms in Dallas Texas on  March 31 st. Its a flying in film and fly home visit unfortunately.  But too good of an opportunity to get more exposure for Glam Clams. 
   
The International quilt show was spectacular , such talent ..... congratulations to all the winners 


















On return I had my annual catch up meeting at BERNINA Australia headquarters. Chatting about some terrific plans for 2020. Yep , Glam Clams was there too....



I am celebrating 20 years of being a quilt tutor.

A huge feat for me , something I never thought I could do. Every year I think will it last .... well,  20 years later and Im going strong with plans ahead for the next 10 years.... 
To celebrate this milestone I have 20 % off all Online classes and my skill building books for the month of December 2019. The response has been wonderful ... Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and congratulations... Link below if you would like to have a look .





I have some new skill building books on my web site.


Mums Hibiscus, an intermediate level of skills are needed for this thread painted hibiscus cushion. The skill building book is 23 pages in full colour with a full size pattern sheet. All techniques are step by step photographed and explained even the 1/2 inch grid background purple quilting.





Summer Days  is the second latest book. A improv cutting and piecing design which everyone loves making this quilt. It has been so popular in my regular classes. Every colour way is spectacular.
All step by step photographs and steps for improv cutting and piecing with walking foot and ruler quilting. A small 6 inch Deborah Louie ruler is included. The full colour book is 35 pages. A terrific resource book for improv cutting and piecing step by step reminder....





My teaching schedule for 2020 is up on the web site now. If you are interested in a class please contact the shop or group.
I am taking bookings now for 2021 and 2022 workshops.


Merry Christmas and a wonderful creative 2020 to you all.


Happy Quilting
X Deb













No comments: