Tuesday 8 October 2019

We are off to America......a celebration


Celebrating 20 years of being a quilt tutor

I am having a big birthday. 
I have had the absolute pleasure to be teaching quilting to quilters all of the world now for 20 years. 
It has gone by so quickly.
In this 20 years I have taught quilters face to face teaching at patchwork shops, guilds, groups, retreats , symposiums, festivals and expos. As well as through my on line classes, my books and patterns, through magazine articles , demonstrating at Quilt shows. 
I have met so many wonderful people and have made some life time friends.


So Tomorrow Wednesday 9 Th October with my sister Doreen and I are having a holiday in the United States. Glamorous Clams is joining me every step of the way.  Were visiting Washington DC and the big apple New York. A wonderful 2 weeks together. We will visit the Amish country, attend a Harlem Sunday church service, visit art galleries, museums, monuments  and maybe a quilt shop or 2.....  

So please follow my page  Deborah louie tutor Facebook or Deborah Louie Instagram for photo bombing of glam clams everywhere.....




I then travel down to Houston for the International Quilt Festival. Where I will be attending Market and being a guest of Pauline Rodgers of Pauline Quilters World stand.  I have a few quilts to hang and show my books to the shop owners. 

Just seeing if they like my work, my books etc , get a feel of the American market to see if I would like to further my teaching and marketing of my books there.  You know the saying nothing ventured.........

What a thrill it will be to see all of the magical quilts hanging.
I so remember the very first quilt NSW show I saw back in 1990 at The circular quay overseas terminal and the impact it had on me , so I can only imagine what a million times more quilts ( bit of an exaggeration) will have on me. Something I think as a quilter we all would like to see once in our life time.

So if you are attending the show please come and swing by Pauline's stand to say Hi.....  we would love to see you.



Auckland Symposium 2019

I have just arrived back from a week in Auckland for Quilt Symposium. This was my 4 th symposium and the students in New Zealand are fantastic.. All the tutors loved their classes, we all had a great time. 
Michelle Marvig and I were  roomies which was fun and a great opportunity to catch up .



The symposium was held at St Cuthberts College Epsom. A beautiful school.... as you can see from the photo below on the left ( Mato high was nothing like this ).




There were many exhibitions and they were FANTASTIC...


The Merchant hall was a buzz ,this is Annies Country store and her Glamorous Clams sample ... wonderful ...



 Kathy Anso (pictured below) had  an excellent exhibition called " Passion and Proportion" all are students of Nancy Crow's bi annual visits. I attended a 1 week class in 2014 but these ladies have worked with Nancy for many years and their work was spectacular.


by Liz Clout


By Sarah Ward
( my Favourite) 

By Gail Odonnell

By Kathy Anso

By Robyn Holyoake

By Alison Smith 

By Pat Ashcroft 

By Linda Steele

By Wendy Thiele



by Robyn Clout


HERstory... a celebration of strong women 


This collection was amazing ....  such wonderful role models and full lives .












Below photo is of Caroline Sharkey's Angel wings quilt... I could not resits having my photo taken....



2 days of Daisy paths had wonderful results.


   I had a Glamorous clams huge class and they had a ball creating fabulous clams and learning about their machines , threads and needles along with some stunning decorative stitches.

Last 2 days we did Dads Dahlia and that was fabulous too with some stunning dahlias in progress. I will share more once photos of finished Dahlias come through.



I am back home mid November for the last of my classes for 2019.

2020 is set to be a mother fabulous year. I will post on my web site my 2020 diary once I'm back.



I have big plans to make new work, write new books and enjoy my time with fantastic quilters.

Happy Quilting 
X Deb  






1 comment:

Lea Paige Matteo said...

How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.