Sunday 2 February 2020

2020 a new year and Im so very grateful.....

Happy New Year , yes a bit late as today is the 2nd February, but what can I say...... It has been holiday time here in Australia for me.
The photo below was taken  late afternoon New Years Eve on the beach and a huge summer storm was coming our way. John, Pip (our granddoggy) and myself and not many others out for a long beach walk.


As you Im sure will already know, sadly many parts of the East coast of Australia have been decimated by bush fires. It has been very tragic and so so sad. Australians are a resilient lot and towns, homes , schools , buisnesses etc will be re built again. Many tears have been shed and now we rise again.
The loss of wildlife, the innocent native animals who could not run, fly, hop, scurry away is devastating. So many brave heroes in this tragedy, putting their own lives in danger to help others. This I am in awe of you... Thank you....
If you have donated to the bushfire relief, THANK YOU. My charity is RSPCA those wonderful people caring for the injured animals, thank you for your hard work.



Holiday time for me is staying at home swimming and sewing. My favourite spot that Clammy seems to also enjoy..


 I have managed to have a lovely rest time with family and friends and get some new work done. Had a few days away in Canberra , went to the tennis, lots of walks , movies , seeing friends and family, just general chill out time. Some really hot days and Pip shows  how we all feel at times .

Ready now for the wonderful classes and the new adventures I have for 2020. It all start in Albury at State Wide Sewing Centre 6-9 February.



There are some exciting opportunities ahead for me that I will share when the time is right. I am so very grateful.
Persistence does pay off.... or, is it stubbornness!!!!!! 

Latest ...

I have a new range of  skill building machine decorative stitch cushions. Love the look of hand stitched work but don't have the time ?  Or like me perhaps, don't have the hand stitching skills. Well, we can get wonderful results on the sewing machine.

                                        Stitched Mandala - The Collection

Stitched Mandala -The collection by Deborah Louie 
All machine stitched on my BERNINA 770. Using the beautiful decorative stitches and 12 weight cotton threads Spaghetti range by Wonderfil . All on linen fabric with hand made pom poms... 
This is a one day class where you start on one of the 5 cushions I have designed.
There is a beautiful full colour skill building book and 9 pattern sheets to accompany the book available in class.
This is a brand new one day workshop I will be teaching at the following locations for 2020, and in my once a month regular classes. 

BERNINA Tauranga New Zealand  12 March 2020

Hobby Sew Kings Park 16 th April 2020
Call 02 9621 4000

Sewing Connection - Pakenham Victoria 5 th May 2020
call 03 5940 8763

My Sewing Supplies @ Sylvania 13 th May 2020

Once a month / Bi monthly locations are : 

My Sewing Supplies  Sylvania

Hobby Sew Kings Park
Call 02 9621 4000

Berry Quilt and Co 

Thorpes at Boolaroo
Call 49294456

Hot off the Press 

There is a wonderful new digital magazine out. The Digital Cloth by Caroline Sharkey . Beautiful photos, amazing textile artists. So easy to purchase and down load. Clammy and I are special guests in this current edition. Here is the link for you to enjoy .... 



Fantastic news

Glamorous Clams is now available in the United Kingdom.
The beautiful BERNINA dealers of Quilt Direct in Tavistock DEVON have just had a large delivery of Glamorous Clams BERNINA Special edition books and templates.
I will be teaching for this lovely store in August 12-14   2020. 
Pop by, call or go on line for your copy now BERNINA owners in the UK. 


Till next time 
Happy Quilting 
X Deb 















No comments: