Wednesday 25 March 2020

Everything will be okay

Today is March 25th  2020.
Every new day we don't know what to expect next at the moment, what the day's news and events will bring .
This virus is an invisible monster. But it will not win.
We will be okay.
I am deeply saddened by the circumstances that so many people are now in. Loss of jobs, illness, loss of  businesses. I truly wish you all the very best......

Im up in my small sewing studio looking out at the beautiful river and surrounds and I try to stay calm.  Lots of work to do for me, head down and stitch... stitching helps me so much...




I have 20 % off all books (except Glamorous Clams BERNINA Special Edition which is through participating BERNINA dealers and Quilting Between the Lines ) on my web site if you have the time to work on a new project or would like to take an on line class with me.


I have been asked many times which dealers in the United States have the Glamorous Clams BERNINA Special Edition book. Not all dealers just participating dealers and the list is below.

US Shops at Present 

Bigsbys  sewing centre Elm grove WI
The inspired sewist Jupiter Florida
sew Original Boone NC
Margies sew much Crestview Florida
Pin wheels  Valdosta GA 
The quilt crossing Boise ID
Quilt basket Tucson AZ
The sewing place Helena MT
Lady fingers Oxley PA
 Close to home Connecticut 
BErnina stitch fabrics Keizer OR
The bobbin case Rochester NY
fabric Carousel Huntsville TX
Quiltique Henderson Nevada

Quilt Direct in the UK which is in Devon 

Bernina Canada



I had a week teaching at Bernina Sewing Centre Tauranga New Zealand a few weeks ago. 
A wonderful shop filled with terrific staff and students. I had a ball.
Im back next year with also visiting The eye of the Needle Taupo and Bernina Northland  Whangarei

Robyn the co owner od Bernina Tauranga took me to Mt Wanganui for a climb on my day off and what spectacular views.  ( Clams went too) 
Robyn and clams 
Kay from The eye of the needle and her Glam clam cushion which she has classes in her shop on.

 I taught Stitched Mandala and two beautiful finished cushions already ... great work

The start of the years classes with show and tell has some wonderful work made over the break. One of these is Julies Glam Clam framed piece. Very stunning and a huge commitment . A life time piece to be proud of.

Due to the virus for safety of students , groups, shops and myself all of my classes are on hold.  Sad but it will be okay......

If you have questions want to see a technique etc on my Deborah Louie Tutor Facebook page please email me or leave a message here.....

Stay well , stay safe and see you soon in class...

Happy Quilting 
X Deb 



No comments: