Thursday 18 June 2009

What a week




I survived Quilt week Sydney... It was fantasic. On tuesday set up day, I helped Annette Gero set up her stand of 8 antique quilts, they were stunning. Shes a fasinating lady and so passionte about her history of quilt making in Australia. She was selling her new book The Fabric of Society and I had to but a coppy of course. Big book and lots of fasinating history of quilts, I will leave it till the school term 2 hoildays to sart reading I think.


Wednesday morning arrived early for presentations and I am really happy to get 4th in Anything goes catogory. The quilts were stunning so much domestic machine quilting, fantasic. My friend Katrina Hadjamicheal got 4 th for her beautiful applique quilt.


After all the excitement on to the Bernina stand, and working on the 820 machine. Had to rememer the threading again but after a few goes all a go and on to demonstrating. It is so much fun. I must thank all my friends and many students who came to say Hi and to encourage me it was lovely of you, You all made me so happy and not so scared.

The new820 machine is fast, big and beautiful . It was a dream to quilt with the space is fantasic.
I had a lovely dinner out Saturday night with Katrina, Micheel Marvick and Carolyn Price we went spanish , a beautufiuil seafood paella and a few wines to go woth it all. Lovely to catch up with these inspirational quilting friends.

2 comments:

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Hi Deb, Welcome to Blogland! Congratulations on your prize, it's a fabulous quilt. Would love the see a closeup of the quilting! Since doing your quilting class I have gone on to quilt all of my own quilts, and am just loving it. Thanks!

Bec said...

Welcome Deb! and Well Done on setting up your blog! I knew you cold do it.
What a fabulous quilt you put in the show; congratulations on your award! Well Deserved.