Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Time

Happy Easter 2014 to you all.
I hope you get some rest, some fun time and some sewing time as well.
Some people love to travel at Easter but Im not one for those. John and I are at home. I have been getting into some gardening with the help of my wonderful sister. We are planting lots of hardy flowering plants to make my fairly controlled garden a little softer and more inviting. I love daisys , lavender, pansies etc. My new house is yellow..... yellow....well I have decided to EMBRACE the yellow. We cant change the colour as it was only painted 18 months ago, and just to change the colour ...I would struggle with that, not the right thing to spend our hard earnt money on so..... Embrace the yellow is this easters theme..... Yes a yellow front door is it going to be ....... Great Feng Shui I feel and hopefully happy entry it will say to our visitors....
. Yellow I NEVER quilt with yellow... embrace remember Deborah..... so this week instead of doing all of the other stitching i should be doing I just had , yes HAD to create another free form quilt.
My pallet was
Purpels, browns, khaki and pea greens, a little grey blues and yes YELLOW.......

Mind you I never work in purple either....but I LOVED it . I was up in my sewing room at all hours of the day and night.
First I thought still working in the medallion theme a larger quilt of 6 blocks all together and the first attack approach was strips, strips of all colours and sizes .The design wall is working Beautifully.

Actually I just popped into Pegs Pieces and chatted to Bernadette about the wall and the next thing were in bunnings together buying the foam pads for the shop... YAHHHHH........:)  

Okay back to the quilt... then I played for a few hours and came up with some small blocks 


Hey okay ..... looking promising .....

Then worked more over the course of a few days ,here and there in between gardening, cleaning ,,,, blah blah you know the drill.....

And this is the final composition.... Im happy it works well.

So enjoying my sewing now .

So thats what I wish for you this easter ......enjoy your sewing what ever it is ....get emersed in it , forget about time etc ......give in to the rhythm of the sewing machine and have fun.JUST DO IT ...


Leanne from Hobby sew kings park has been doing a lot of fabalous stitching on her daisy drunkeds path quilt. Looking sensational. Borders to be stitched of stunning graduated flowers in the greens to blues with leaves and vines.... Love it ..... Cant wait till next class Leanne....

And Ms Wendy has been quilting her daisy path quilt with AMAZING results


Congratulations Wendy what a wonderful quilter you are .... and terrific fun.... and my friend ....

So my friends Happy Easter to you all and to your loved ones....
Thanks for listening
Happy Quilting
XDEB 









1 comment:

Lee B said...

Your creative juices are flowing well Deb