Wednesday 6 May 2015

Australian Quilt Convention 2015

My time at AQC  this year was amazing.

 I am guest artist for Bernina Australia at the major Quilt and Craft shows this year. Starting at AQC .


AQC is held annually in April at the stunning Exhibition Building in Melbourne.


 
I travelled on the Wednesday to deliver my quilts for the stand.
Action started at 8 am Thursday and finishing on the Sunday afternoon.
 
 
 
The Bernina Q20 was launched at AQC with much excitement and interest. I am demonstrating free motion quilting on this spectacular machine. It has  20 inches of quilting  space  to manoeuvre your quilts. The first thing I felt when I tried out the machine was it is effortless. So light and easy to move the quilts. If your coming to either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane Quilt and Craft shows well please come to the stand say Hi and have a go your self. Try the machine its terrific.
 
The stand I thought looked amazing . All of my recent work up on display. I have stepped away from the truly traditional theme of the past 20 years and taken my work to another level.
I adore the free form piecing work and well as my new applique secret Garden theme quilts. I hope you will enjoy seeing it all.
 
Thank you Bernina , Greg, Kerrie , Bree and all the Bernina crew for making me feel so welcome and special.
 
Spring Floral Garden Quilt

Secret garden cushions and table runner

Secret Garden quilt

Free form quilts

More Free form Quilts

I  had a wonderful social time at AQC. Thanks to everyone who did pop into the stand to have a chat, cuddle and laugh. It really is very comforting to have so many friends in the industry. I really felt special and loved so THANK YOU. 
There was the gala dinner as always a fun time to let down the barrier's a little and have a dance and sing, eat great food and have a few wines. This year the one and only ELVIS was in the building .... great fun. Sorry but no photos here to show the evening.
 
At the gala dinner the Best of Australia by Linda White was announced and well as the shining light award  Isabella Noble a young and up coming quilter , Lut-Da Award by Gwen Parry and   The Rajah award which was won by  Di Ford-Hall (vic) this  award is giving for work achieved to , someone who teaches , promotes and aids the quilting industry in going forward. All worthy excited winners , Congratulations one and all.
 
Eleanor Jean   By Linda White  Victorian quilters
 
 
There are many more exhibitions at AQC with one of my favourites the True Blue AQC Challenge
 
This is Susan De Vanny named Beginning. My favourite. the dog is so real looking . Susan received and Honourable Mention . I have permission to used this photo from Susan.
If you would like to see more pictures of this amazing event please go to
 
AQC  2017 is APRIL 14-17th
 
Thanks for Listening
Happy Quilting
X DEB
 
 

2 comments:

Lee B said...

It was lovely to see you at AQC Deb and see your beautiful pieces in person. Im hoping to see you at Sewing Connection next year for one of your classes. You are as always inspirational. Thank you

Unknown said...

Great and easy-to-understand tutorial, thnx!
domestic tour