Tuesday 12 April 2016

stitched and framed Port Macquarie visit

Just home for a night from Bundaberg then off I was again to the lovely sea side city of Port Macquarie.

18/14 Acacia Avenue Port Macquarie

Jenny from Stitched and Framed invited me to teach at her wonderful shop for 3 days . This is a friendly pretty shop with one of the best workshop areas I have ever had the pleasure to teach in. So much space, light , aircon, great facilities.

If you are ever in the sea side town of port Macquarie please drop by and say Hi to Jenny , her staff and the great ladies there.

Workshop area , I couldn't get it all in the frame of the camera
                                             The shop front for Stitched and Framed
                                                 (Around the corner from Bunnings )
                                      Some of the pretty fabrics and patterns available, with Long arm quilting service available .

Jenny has a lot of preproduction fabrics as well as an ever growing modern fabrics section. There are lots of great plans for the future and look out for. As well as  further workshops once a month from visiting tutors.

A wonderful new shop full of excitement , new ideas and community group stitching . Port Macquarie is very lucky indeed...

We had ladies from the NSW south coast to Queensland as well as locals  come for my three  days here, thank you so much everyone I really enjoyed my time with you all.

First day we did the one day class of  trapunto heart , flowers , leaves and colouring. This was really enjoyable watching quilters enjoying the trapunto technique . They loved the colouring as much as I do.


The second class held over two days was the Little Garden cushion. This class opens up the imagination , where we use the decorative stitches on the sewing machine in a very unique and creative way.

Terrific results all round except me dummy, I forgot to take photos of the great work, too involved in the class. Next time.....



Off tomorrow to teach at AQC Melbourne . Lots to blog about I'm sure
Till then
Happy quilting
X Deb


No comments: