Thursday 13 June 2013

2013 Quilt show Darling Harbour

Yesterday I attended the opening day of the NSW Quilters Guild of NSW Quilt show.
WOW what a wonderful show....

I got a call on the Monday of the long weekend to say I was to receive a prize . They don't tell on what you got just be there at the prize ceremony if you can to receive your prize. Well of course I was going !!!!! Are you kidding ....

I only had one quilt, entered , that's all I've managed to make lately
Last nights Left overs was made of all of the left over fabrics from the Baltimore applique quilt 2012, not one piece of fabric was bought. I wanted straight stitch after blanket stitching for months and then into strips , then into wedges , then into Dresden plates. I appliqued them on to the spot fabric 5 big circles with smaller surrounding. Yuk I hated it . So the next morning very early I got to it with a rotary ruler and chopped it up and sliced it in black, moved it all around and presto something that I was happy with.  People tell me that's brave but I just knew I needed to do something before I threw it away. So Last nights left overs grew in to a full quilt that I quilted free form feathers on the borders and I'm happy with it now. I put it in the NEW TRADITIONS FROM OLD FAVOURITES category open to all.

So when I got the call I was delighted. Really expecting a 4th and got Ist..... WOW.....


 Cant wipe the smile off my face, so very unexpected pleasure.....
My great friend Michelle Marvig received 2nd in the same category, her quilting was fantastic.  We had dinner that night catching up and I really miss her regular company. Michelle teaches at Pegs Pieces at Kirrawee and Cottage quillworks at Warriewood , she teachers wonderful piecing techniques,          so very clever......

Check out the Quilters Guild of nsw web site for the winners on all categories,

Thank you to Sandra Lyons and Bob James for their acknowledgements of my help in class on their stunning quilts. It was an absolute pleasure.

 I wont post photos of others quilts without their permission.

Something that I have been doodling with lately, feathers fab feathers for classes in the future.
Just playing when I get a moment ...............



1 comment:

Lee B said...

Fantastic work Deb. Congratulations