Sunday 1 June 2014

Chevron quilt feather your fears away


I have recently completed a new quilt called A ZIG TO THE LEFT , ZAG TO THE RIGHT AND FEATHER ALL AROUND.. Very long name might have to change my mind about that....
Anyway it is a new quilt to feather your fears away.
 The chevrons are made up of traingles using the companion angle triangle which is very easy.

This quilt is available for the once a month students and for  2 day workshops . The quilt would be premade and ditched by the student first then we quilt 5 different types of feathers. The white is the simple version of each type of feather and the coloured is the more elaberate version.

I really enjoyed quilting this ... I have no fears of feathers ..... Bring  them on ..... And you will too.

The Kings Park Hobby sew thursday once a month class has a few places left if anyone would like to join a lovely group of ladies . I advise machine quilting and appliqué on any of my many quilts or advise on your own quilts. Ring the shop for more details .

This is some work of two lovely girls doing my happy quilt at pegs pieces and their blocks so far. Stunning ....
We had a fun day saturday at pegs pieces kirrawee.....

The conversation came around to MUG  RUGS .....

I have NEVER heard of them..... But they exist hundreds of them on Pinterest apparently.

Pauline is organising a mug rug challenge ... I was not going to do it , mug rugs for goodness sake I said ... Who has time to sew for mugs .........ha  ha.  Get it .... 
But well I confess I have just finished my first... Never say never ........

I'm writing a feature article for quilters companion magazine on battings. I have a simple of thermal batting so perfect opportunity I thought to do this mug thing......
Anyway dyed fabric strip quilted then free embroidered a cup of tea with the way I like it. Strong tea with milk. Only makes sense to me to have your order on it....  30 mins from start to tray. Easy.. And I must admit fun....:) 



John update : Surgoen has given him a great first report. Scar clean and healing beautifully.  Can now put a little pressure on the foot and get around on crutches. Another 4 weeks off work then back for office duties... Arm healing very well and doesn't need my poker dot sling now , wasn't it cute !,, 


He is in terrific spirits ..
Thank you for your best wishes for him...


Progress has been slow last week on the show quilt but i hope to work on it later this week.
I have decided on a small echo tear drop background filler around the applique and trapunto so far. Lots of work still to go.  
Thanks for Listening 
Happy quilting 
X DEB

No comments: