Monday 13 February 2012

Pakenham sucess

First trip away was to sewing Connection in Pakenham Melboure.
I just wanted to share with you a great student success story.
Karen Semple from Pakenham has the last couple of my visits has been an active class participant. Karen shared with me and the class some quilts she has been making for her family and quilted them all herself.
How cool is this block cats tails intertwined... Love it and the pebbles in the background quilting are beautiful ....
 Karen's quilt was ditched first then she added texture inside blocks and detail to the blocks as below continuous curves inside the 1/2 square triangles.
 And tear drops in the border.
Congratulations Karen it looks sensational keep up the great work.
Its wonderful to see my students actually get in and apply the practical techniques I have shown them on to their own work. I love it .......
A flower from the Blind hem and free motion applique class as well.
By Lee for her grand daughter going to be a cushion for her bed.
Thanks Sue and Sandy for a great teaching week.
See you again in 2013 Ill be Back .........

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for your very generous comments. I enjoy your classes and appreciate all you have taught me.

Anonymous said...

Inspirational as always Deb. I just loved your classes at Pakenham and have been practising by ditch stitching by creating some bags for girlfriends for coming birthdays. (see Facebook for photos)
Happy sewing, Lee