Thursday 3 May 2012

Colour

Hi all,

At this time of year the colours that surround us are so strikingly beautiful.

All I want to do is make bright coloured quilts.

 I have bought up from my travels so much bright fun fabrics , spots strips, plains , texture etc the shops are full of them at the moment.
I am making a quilt for quilters companion magazine special edition for Clare at the moment and really have enjoyed this week sitting in my headquarters ( I don't call it a studio as it is my formal lounge room converted ) and so far this is what I have come up with. All squares and strips and it will be quilted all with the walking foot , heavy 8 ply thread in some areas, twin needles and ditching with monopoly clear thread. The borders and 4 different sizes and types. So I will have instructions about the quilting as well.
I like to keep my strips in order and not a big mess on the table and see the white wire  clothes driers I find them fantastic to drape the fabric over. Those of you that know me well know I don't piece well and I'm really concentrating and cutting by them by my  rule of  warp cut first and sew warp first , you know what .... It works....... all the pieces have joined beautifully, seams butt up and I'm stoked.....
So more piecing to come hopefully................
Look at the colour in these trees while walking in the mornings from my Wagga Wagga trip with Anne At Know How Sewing . We have booked next year 30 may to 2nd June.  Lovely to see some of the girls back again and they all did a great job in class . Thanks Ann, Dino and Lee for your hospitality.
While walking I wandered through the dead end of town ( sorry Husband's long standing joke) the cemetery and found a tomb stone of  Elizabeth Quilter broken on the ground ( no photo sorry it did not  work on the phone for some reason or maybe she is shy ) I wonder if she was a quilter?. And the locals tell me there is a Quilters Street near by, how cool would it be having a shop called Quilters Street Quilt Shop .......

 Ann has a collection of antique sewing machines isan't it tiny compared to the Bernina 440. And it still sews........
Off to Victoria tomorrow ... till next time
Happy sewing

Oh and watch out for my DVD coming out very soon in the next Quilters Companion magazine in newsagents soon......

No comments: