Friday 7 March 2014

Been busy

I ve had the most wonderful week sewing, just so happy being mostly at home, working a few days and the rest of the time at home. I know you all understand how we quilters feel. we just want time to sew , dont we...and when we do pop the head down and make the most of it. Dont procrastinate JUST DO IT......
I have finished quilting the bit of old and bit of new quilt.
I designed the block designs with templates ( new style ) and free formed a different centre,
Im happy with the way it looks.
I have feathered quilted the border, it took probaully 8 hours to do just the border . Just washed and dried the quilt. I never pre wash  the fabrics before, piecing  so after I washed th equilt in tha machine and popped 2"wash away" tissues in the wash. Well the tissues were rusty colored and the quilt perfect.
Lots of feathers  meanderibg around the border , either up or down,
These quilting ideas I will be teaching the " hawkesbury quileerts retreat At Maroo in 3 weeks time .
Thanks foe 
Happy Quilting 
Xdeb

1 comment:

Lee B said...

BEAUTIFUL quilting Deb - so exciting to see such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing