Wednesday 25 February 2015

whats happening

 The Berry retreat for 2015 is being advertised as I type this post.
This is a terrific weekend , in the lovely township of Berry NSW. Lots of great shopping my favourite being Haven and space a large homewares shop, which I have helped this shop's economy over the years just as much as I have The Berry Patchwork shops beautiful range of fabrics.
The retreat is over the weekend of August 29-30th. Great tutors, delightful evening gala dinner and wonderful friendships are made. 


I will be teaching my "The free form Medallion " a new class for me which shows free form cutting , free form piecing and machine quilting. Check out the other tutors its going to be a fun time.
The last 2 weeks in class we have had great show and tell,  getting back from the Xmas break. Im enjoying the new ladies in class and its wonderful having return students still keen to learn more machine quilting and Applique techniques. I still have tricks up my sleeve to show.

This is Denise who has pieced the tumbler quilt and now in class we free motion a sampler of designs diagonally down left to right. I like the way Denise has graduated the values of the black and white prints. 


Next is Bev and her machine quilted quilt she decorative stitch appliqued over the holidays. Stunning 

This below is Leane who has machine stitched her dresdon plates and the quilted featherd circles in the white and more to do in the half traingles and quarter traingles. Leane comes to class and asks me ... Do I need to do more ???   Ha ha yes .... great job.. Lookin good..


Machine quilted quilts everywhere from my girls.. Im like a proud Mummy ....:) 



My Friday at Kings Park class was on a field trip no class room for us so what do quilters do ??? we shop. We met at Burkein Head and after coffee chats, lots of laughter about colour charts we haeded across the road to Material Obsession.  Well Jenny needed to match the colours on a chair for her bedroom and didnt want to rely on her colour memory so along came the chair for matching. A first for the shop....Thats dedication ..... Kathy Doherty here having some fun along the way. We finished the day with a yummy lunch and lots of new fabric for their own version of my " A secret garden." Which we will start next month . Thanks for a great day girls.



I was suppose to fly to Brisbane last Friday after shopping to teach the Queensland Quilters Guild but flying into a cyclone area is not a wise decission.We will try again in August. I hope you all are safe ladies and see you very soon.

Thanks for Listening 
Happy Quilting 
X Deb